Dream Theater - Dream Theater CD (album) cover

DREAM THEATER

Dream Theater

metalrob4662
4 stars I've now have had a chance to listen to this album a few times and slowly digest it, I like much more that the last release personally, I think it's the best in quite a few albums I heard some people are complaining it's not "Heavy" enough ( Like Train Of Thought) and they are right, but why should it be another Train album? I love the way it has the classic vibe of DT on here with some Homage to RUSH ( check out "Looking Glass"). I feel this album flows well and James Labrie really shines on this album along with Mangini. The production is great every nuance is heard and felt! ( I have some great headphones and let me tell you it rocks)

The best song on the album is the 22 minute Illumination Theory an Epic Journey of rock & Metal

I'm not going to review each song, tons of other people have done and will do that, all I can say it's a great album and if you are a true DT fan you will enjoy this album quite a bit.

My Faves are: Enigma Machine Illumination Theory The Bigger Picture Surrender to Reason

metalrob4662 | 4/5 |