Opus-5 - Volume 1: Contre Courant CD (album) cover

4 stars Contre Courant is a very exciting record. Superb instrumentation patches seams between each lengthy track, coalescing in an organic whole with impeccable flow. Elegant piano, guitar, and flute highlight the set. The flute provides some Tull references in a few places, naturally, but not too much. It's an album that stands on it's own with the rest of the Quebecois classics I've unearthed because of this site, yet is reminiscent of all of them. A great listen from cover to cover. I can't say it' up there with Selling England so I'll give it 4.5 - I think every fan of progressive music will find something to enjoy here.
Suedevanshoe | 4/5 |