Odyssice - Silence CD (album) cover

SILENCE

Odyssice

ProgShine
2 stars For a very weird reason, that I don't even know where it came from, I was really interested in this album when it came out and wanted to hear it really bad.

Odyssice is a band that pretty much got stuck on time, as many others, by the time of Pink Floyd's The Division Bell (1994)/PULSE (1995). And this is simply unexplicable.

This albums may have got some Prog faith back but in terms of quality they are far away from being masterpieces, and some of those sounds look so dated today.

That's exactly why I can't understand how bands like Odyssice can release albums like Silence (2011), almost 20 years later and having EXACTLY the same sounds of the 90's, fake sounds. Keyboards, drums, guitars, bass, you name it.

The band tries hard but in the end of the 50 minutes one can hardly remember anything.

If you do like that particular era I mentioned go for it with your eyes closed, but you have been warned,

ProgShine | 2/5 |