Perigeo - Fata Morgana CD (album) cover

4 stars I am surprised this album does not seem to be better known among progheads. Unlike many RPI albums,this was not an obscure LP having been released on RCA in the U.S. and reviewed in a major newspaper.

A fantastic blend of jazz/rock/prog,for me this is easily their best album. The jazz element is more prominent than on most RPI albums,but don't let that put you off if you are not a jazz fan(I find most jazz boring). The players are first class and the music is melodic,inventive and wonderful.A solid 4 star album and one of the best RPI releases. The CD release is titled Non E Poi Cosi Lontano.

Maxophone | 4/5 |