Fright Pig - Out of the Barnyard CD (album) cover

Fright Pig

3 stars Fright Pig is the name of an American band which has recently released their debut record "Out of the Barnyard" 2013 and the recond has got credits from many persons. The cover is quite finny with a pig mother feeding her children, an astronaut and a farm. The band seems to be anonymous.

I won't agree with all those people who have been praising this record. Over all the music is too heavy and metal like for me. I hear tendencies I like in every track but it doesn't work for me. My favourite track is the first "Re: Creation" which had a lot of great instruments and a sweet heavy sound but perhaps I got bored quickly. Then I think the music gets worse all the time. "Baroque at the lune" with its classical approach could have been interesting but a metal-like guitar destroys my view. I have problem with the music being so heavy.

The qualities are sweaping long tracks with variation and rather pleasant vocals. Though I feel the music is forced into heavyness and this isn't a musical landscape I will flee to. It's in no way bad so three stars is what I am going to give.

DrömmarenAdrian | 3/5 |