Oceans 5 - Return to Mingulay CD (album) cover

Oceans 5

5 stars A stunning and wonderful listen. Is it Prog Folk or Crossover Prog? Who cares, really. It's just darn good music. I love the title track with it's spooky sea opening as well as many of the other tracks..especially Invictus and Open Hands. The vocals put me much in mind of The Strawbs, which is never a bad thing. And a thank you to my new Facebook friend, Colin Tench, for some inspiring and great guitar work. A classic album for 2013, my favorite of the year along with Big Big Train's English Electric 2. Hoping for a second album soon from this bunch. Cheers!
mohaveman | 5/5 |