Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans CD (album) cover

3.88 | 1950 ratings

5 stars This is my very favorite Yes-album and the song 'The Remembering - High The Memory' is one of the best tunes ever written. So much emotion in those melodies, the theme's, it's a very complicated piece of music, but nearly perfect. Respect for Rick Wakeman's contributions. I think all the four pieces combined are creating one masterpiece of music. I don't understand people saying this is 'too much' or 'too long'. Even the experimental 'The Ancient - Giants Under The Sun' is flowing from scary, biting guitar-sounds to a lovely acoustic piece with beautiful melodies. On the last piece, 'Ritual - Nous Sommes Du Soleil', everything comes together for a final blow. I agree CTTE is Yes' finest work every, but to me, this is the ultimate Yes-album.
ProgRob | 5/5 |