Mavara - Season of Salvation CD (album) cover

4 stars Wonderful diversity! Gorgeous sound! The only reasons I shy away from offering 5 stars for this album is the sometimes weak vocals and the occasional feel I get of the presence of the ghosts of pseudo-prog classic rock artists like Journey, Foreigner, Whitesnake, Loverboy, Boston, and Styx. Though many song sections feel as if they are built upon chord and time sequences that come from practice exercises, I find it incredibly refreshing how each song achieves an identity all its own, how no two songs feel repetitive or niched. And this from Iran! I love the way in which the multiple instrumental tracks all work in a flowing weave together, not separately or individually, that is, the music feels like team work and feels like love and joy. If I had to name a band that they remind me of it would have to be 1990s COLLAGE. Check them out on (Once again: I love you progstreaming!)
BrufordFreak | 4/5 |