Alms - Beyond CD (album) cover

BEYOND

Alms

DrömmarenAdrian
4 stars Now to the third and the best of 2013 I have listened to today, the Spanish artist Alms debut album "Beyond". It has earlier been examined by two professional, I a remember I was very inspired of Ivan Melgar's review this summer.

Alms, which real name is Aitor Lucena is a Spanish multi instrumentalist, which music travells between a medieval word and a bit of Mike Oldfield. What I hear here is excellent and the record wasn't far from being a perfect one. I think the cover has a very old style, both the fonts and the items you see represents a time not fix in modern world.

"Beyond" consists of three song songs and according to me they become better and better and I have rated the songs: 3.5, 4 and 5. But if I listen again perhaps my favourite would have been another. This music contains so much of interest. Perhaps I like the parts of acoustic guitar most, or the barock parts, the classical and the medieval. It could also be like this that I like the parts that sounds just like symphonic rock most.

The listening of Alms' Beyond is very enjoyable time. We hear wonderful flute, organ, guitar and a nice wholeness. Many influences of folk music seem to be a part of this too, I hear something celtic and in the last track we hear a moments of very special percussion.

"Caronte" would I say is the peak of this record, but as I wrote, it could also be "Thanatos" or "Hypnos", it is a very good record. I wonder how just one person can do such nice music.

What I miss is not much: perhaps some vocals and something standing out more than it does.

Recommended record!