Dün - Eros CD (album) cover

EROS

Dün

Zeuhl

el böthy
5 stars Zeuhl is a genre which Im not very familiar with, that being primarily `cause I don´t know much of it other than Magma. So I might not be a big favorite of mine, and I must admit I do not really bother getting into it ...then I heard Eros!

I´m not quite sure how Dün is Zeuhl, as I see almoust no connection with Magma, just the fact that the rythmic section is very important overall, and incredibly good I might add. But more than that, I can´t see it. But then again, I´m no expert.

Well, back to the album. Wow!!! thats all I can say, wow!!! I knew I was in for a treat as a friend of mine (the one who gave me a copy of the album) was already becoming a big fan of the album, and I trust his judgment...but this was more than a pleasent surprise! All the songs are instrumental, and although I can say there are some jazz, Crimson and even some Avant-garde influences, Dün manages to sound like nobody else, which is always more than welcomed on my part. The stand outs are L´Epice and Arrakis...and Bitonio...and Eros... really the four studio tracks are all so good, its incredibly hard to pick a favorite. It´s a sad thing Dün released only one album, and yet at the same time it´s great! I love those one shot bands, and if their album is a masterpiece...then well, what more can I ask for? Dün will forever be remeberd as the band that did everything perfect...cause they only did this one thing and its perfect.

If I could I would give the album 4.5 stars, as 5 stars is not just for anybody, but as I can´t, here are this 5 stars for Dün´s Eros. Highly recommended for...anybody into prog!

el böthy | 5/5 |