Ayreon - The Theory Of Everything CD (album) cover

THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING

Ayreon

javajeff
5 stars This is possibly my favorite Ayreon album. Ayreon albums are like a gigantic puzzles where Arjen moves the pieces around until it completes a theme oriented rock opera. I do not know if anyone can create this since it is such an enormous undertaking to write, compose, and organize all of the pieces. For this reason, Arjen is a genius to be able to encompass all of these intertwining variables in grandiose fashion. He clearly has the skill and personality to pull off these albums time and time again, and it is a true gift.

On this album, what stands out to me is that it has some big name musicians and fewer vocalists than the previous effort. The keyboards from Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson, and Jordan Rudess are wicked good. This has been such an enjoyable album for me, that I hope Arjen continues to create them.

javajeff | 5/5 |