Tribute - New Views CD (album) cover

3 stars I think which "News Views" as the best work from the Swedish band TRIBUTE and fairly superior in relationship to "Terra Incognita" ( album with slightly superior rating in P A community), in fact I consider even ""Breaking Barriers" superior too. Talking about "News Views" the sonority of the band is clearly influenced by Mike Oldfield ( in large scale), The Enid (in certain moments) and as very close to New Age or World Music. Another important characteristic as the variation between orchestral and "danceable" moments, like in track 1 " Icebreaker' and great part of track 6 "New views" with some introverted themes,like in track 3 "A new morning ". In a overall view the disk is agreeable, however... Don't "impress my ears". Due this ... my rate is 3 stars !!!
maryes | 3/5 |