Kerrs Pink - Mystic Spirit CD (album) cover

MYSTIC SPIRIT

Kerrs Pink

Prog Folk

emperorken
5 stars Wow, what a thrill it is discovering a new album that one cannot get enough of. Such is the case with Kerrs Pink latest effort, Mystic Spirit. Honestly I was totally unaware that this band has been around for over 30 years as this is the first I have heard from them.

This website classifies them as prog-folk, but I would have to disagree with that classification. I would call this more crossover or symphonic. as it is driven mostly by electric guitar and keyboards with solid bass lines.

Starting with "Final Curtain", one would think, "oh this is nice", with strong melody, guitar patterns, and excellent vocals. But then, one song after another is equally as good or better. Just solid melodic prog from start to finish. This is an album that just gets better with each listen and will easily make my top 10 for 2013.

My challenge now is to check out their back catalog.

emperorken | 5/5 |