Rhapsody (of Fire) - Dawn Of Victory CD (album) cover

Rhapsody (of Fire)

4 stars First I want to tell you, that I don't like power metal. There are maybe few good albums from that genre. It was always too pinky and sweety to me. But this Rhapsody album is good. Very good. Solid songs, solid melodies in good Rhapsody style. Great arrangements for orchestra and choir. The best numbers here are The Village Of Dwarves, Holy Thundeforce, Dawn Of Victory, Bloody Rage Of The Titans and Might Ride Of The Firelord. Lyrics are based on a story that Rhapsody started on thier debut. Dragons, knights, dwarves and that kind of stories. Oh, and for metal fans: it's more a Manowar metal style, than Iron Maiden. But, as I said it's a very good album with lot's of taste.
Deepslumber | 4/5 |