Moonspell - Irreligious CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

4 stars On this second album Moonspell seem to dial back the black metal and folk influences which had made their debut such an interesting cocktail and instead choose to focus on gothic metal with some symphonic flourishes. In most cases, I'd be bewailing the fact that their sound had shifted from something unique to something a little more generic, but the album is saved by the fact that Moonspell are actually damn good at the gothic metal game and are able to deliver a solid and enjoyable album in this style. Just don't expect another Wolfheart going in, because I honestly don't think we're going to get one of those.
Warthur | 4/5 |