Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Io Sono Nato Libero CD (album) cover

IO SONO NATO LIBERO

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Prog-jester
4 stars First experience impression (1,5 years ago!)

That was one of my first introductions to fantastic world of Italian Prog and BANCO's music itself. I was deep in Prog Metal and Neo Prog and didn't love the previous Italian album I heard - MUSEO ROSENBACH's "Zarathustra" (don't like it much still). But when I heard the opening tune and Francesco's "voce"...good Lord, one of the best intros ever!!! Through the whole first half of the epic I felt myself amazed and astonished.But then an instrumental rumble began and I changed my opinion (but still love these first 7 minutes most). "Non mi Rompete", which is an enjoyable acoustic ballad, returned my insterest - I thought "wow, it's getting listenable!" "La Citta Sottile" impressed me a lot with its kybds parts and I became even more attentive.And there WAS a reason - "Dopo.." seemed to be the best one from the whole album in that time! Closing "Traccia" is a sheer brilliance still...

Later I changed my mind a bit.I still find this album rather disfocused and a bit chaotic for me.Besides I'm not a bombastic-keyboard-driven solos - I prefer lyrical moments more ("Canto Nomande..."'s first 7 minutes as an example). But unquestionable talent and unique melodical feeling are the things which one CAN'T hide.BANCO were great with that one (though I like "Canto di Primavera" most), and it's the most sophisticated and mature work from all their first three albums. Highly recommended.Enjoy!

Prog-jester | 4/5 |