Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Miss Baker  CD (album) cover

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

1 stars I thought this couldn't possibly as bad as its rating suggested. So, seeing it on iTunes I duly downloaded it and burnt it to CD.

It's really not very good and it sure as hell isn't prog. As a previous reviewer has noted there are some horrible synth horn stabs, particularly on the opening number. I've listened to it a couple of times but it just grates on me.

It's only saving grace is the quality of the musicianship, but that's not enough to save it from a single star rating from me, and I'm a PFM fan. It would be sad to think of them having faded away doing this sort of stuff. Fortunately they've just released "Statti" which confirms they're still capable of coming up with the goods.

zedkatz | 1/5 |