King Crimson - THRAK CD (album) cover

King Crimson

2 stars KING CRIMSON is back to scene, releasing another album with BELEW on vocals, though much more progressive than the 80's trilogy. Thrak is angrier than any other KC work, mixing noisy experiments with moving ballads, creating a record with fine variety. The problem is that i don't think this new formula works well. I prefer much more the epic and the poppy KC than this noisy new one. Some songs here look like fingers scratching a blackboard ("B'Boom", "Dinosaur"), while others fail to move me, like the ballad "Walking On Air". I don't feel like this album is at a KC level. It looks more like a Tool one for me, though i respect it since many people and confirmed progheads enjoy it a lot.
Eclipse | 2/5 |