Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness CD (album) cover

LIGHT OF DAY, DAY OF DARKNESS

Green Carnation

Experimental/Post Metal

darkmatter
4 stars Green Carnation's Light of Day, Day of Darkness is an amazing feat in music, and it's a very,very good song. However, I can't bring myself to call it a masterpiece.

Light of Day, Day of Darkness is a very impressive song. I love parts of it, particularly the first 6:30 or 7 minutes and around 22:00 among other sections. There are too many weak sections in it. One obvious problem with the song is its length, it's difficult sometimes to listen to the whole thing. However, that doesn't detract too much from the song.

I would still highly recommend Light of Day, Day of Darkness to everybody, as it's really quite a journey and an impressive piece of music. I just don't hear a masterpiece when I listen to it.

darkmatter | 4/5 |