Focus - Focus: Jan Akkerman & Thijs Van Leer CD (album) cover

FOCUS: JAN AKKERMAN & THIJS VAN LEER

Focus

sircosick
4 stars Who said "R.I.P. Focus" in 1977 with Ship of Memories?

The return of the dutch masters, now with drum program! Pay attention on the last track: atmospheric, slow, sweet melody... a 16-minutes masterpiece. And great starting too, with Russian Roulette, where the guitar is superb; my two favourites tracks. King Kong and Ole Judy are also fine, and if I didn't give the last star, blame it on Beethoven's Revenge! Too much long, I think its lenght must be under eight minutes... brassy arrangements predominates in this energetic but insipid song. Once I downloaded a 10-minutes version of this track, and I was also dissapointed.

But the rest of the songs are so strong... New context, new ideas... Simply excellent. Recommended for fans that want to know a new Focus sound. Purchase it!!

P.D.: My english is not the best... I'm sorry.

sircosick | 4/5 |