The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium CD (album) cover

The Mars Volta

2 stars This album, although at times quite impressive, is overall extremely boring for me. When the CD is over, nothing is stuck with me. I can barely sing any of it now, after a year of trying to get into it. Their next CD, Frances the Mute was ten times more impressive (with the exception of the drawn out soundscapes) and Ampeutecture was also much better than DeLoused. If you're looking to finish off your Mars Volta collection, than I'd reccomend it, but otherwise, your money would be better spent on one of their later discs.

Highlights include: Drunkenship Of The Laterns, Cicatriz ESP and Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt

proghairfunk | 2/5 |