Änglagård - Epilog CD (album) cover

Tom Ozric
5 stars Another BRILLIANT prog-rock release from the 90's !!! I can't really add to the glowing reviews most people have already submitted for this amazing album (so I've cheated by taking the easy way) - to analyse each track in words is darn near impossible !! I can say that the Gates Of Dawn vinyl issue shuffles the initial track order (I guess that's to balance the length of the sides out evenly) and that possibly takes a bit away from the intended flow - to have an incredibly beautiful piano piece (Saknadens Fullhet) at the end of side 1 kind of kills the design a bit as it's a perfect end piece for this breath-taking album, which is where it SHOULD be.....

Minor quibbles aside, the compositions are of mathematical complexity, all musicians are clearly heard and absolutely phenomenal players on their respective instruments, and it's 'stuffed to the gills' with amazing MELLOTRON playing. No prog lover should go without at least hearing Anglagard, in some ways they summarise the best of 70's obscure prog music with a modern edge !! Please get this.

Tom Ozric | 5/5 |