The Aristocrats - Culture Clash CD (album) cover

The Aristocrats

4 stars I guess the only reason this project between three very capable session musicians are in the heavy prog category is because they use an electric guitar instead of, say, a trumpet, and have long hair. Otherwise, this is solid if not spectacular instrumental jazz rock. Somehow it sounds exactly as I expected it to sound - at times more jazzy, at times more funky or bluesy. A basic guitar-bass-drums format, all instruments are on equal footing and share the stage equally. This being what it is, don't expect much structure, but neither did I detect any showboating for the sake of showboating. In fact, I would make the case for it being too accessible for us proggers.
Progrussia | 4/5 |