Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

CLOSE TO THE EDGE

siLLy puPPy
5 stars Here I am to deliver what I know everyone was waiting to read. Another CLOSE TO THE EDGE review! I am merciful, let me keep this succinct. Let me review this track by track.

1. Close To The Edge is MUSICAL PERFECTION!

2. And You And I is MUSICAL SUBLIMENESS!

3. Siberian Khatru is MUSICAL INGENUITY!

Although my favorite album by YES that has grown on me is the follow-up TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS, there is no doubt that this classic is one of the most magnanimous undertakings in all of progressive rock. The fact that almost everybody across the board loves this album no matter where they are on their musical journey only signifies to me that this is the truest of classics that deserves every sprinkling of praise heaped upon it.

siLLy puPPy | 5/5 |