Therion - Gothic Kabbalah CD (album) cover

3 stars So another double CD set by Swedish operatic gothic masters Therion. I've to say I've been already not very much fascinated by the previous Lemuria/Sirius B set, just too pompous and overblown for my taste. I would say that they've passed their pinnacle since many years already which has been with albums like Theli and Vovin. That kind of music has been really something new and unique but just now they're only another band doing some bombastic operatic epic power metal in the vein of bands like Rhapsody or Nightwish which leaves me quite cold I must say. This is some nice music in a harder vein pleasant to listen maybe for once or twice as a background sound but anything outstanding let alone a masterpiece! 3 stars for that one since I'm in a good mood!
hdfisch | 3/5 |