Izz - I Move CD (album) cover

I MOVE

Izz

Tony R
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Hmmm, good but not essential. I'm stuck with a paradox here;I Move sounds fresh and modern yet encapsulates 30 odd years of Prog Rock influences.The biggest influence is a kind of Keith Emerson playing for King Crimson hybrid:meaty Moog melodies compete with brutal Bruford beats,but in a more commercial mix.

Please note:the opening track "Spinnin' Round" stands at odds with most of the rest of the album, a strange choice for an opener and liable to put many off. Dig deeper into the album and a reasonable amount of plays and some standouts appear: I Move,with it's bracing beats and heavy chords,Star Evil Gnoma Su is prog instrumental heaven ,the oddly satisfyingly-derivative Knight Of Nights and the ELp-like Coming Like Light.

So all-in -all a damn fine album you should audition with an open mind.

Tony R | 3/5 |