Discipline - To Shatter All Accord CD (album) cover

TO SHATTER ALL ACCORD

Discipline

admireArt
3 stars If you missed the mainstream "synth/rock/prog" of the eighties, this work resumes it quiet well, and adds some very nice prog touches to the sub-genre.

I myself lived that "era", again not by choice, but because my younger brother, listened to it intensely. So, here I go...Intelligent music writing, somehow overshadowed by the obvious "copy-kats" of "riffs", either vocal, electric guitar or keys, from that "era". They in turn throw some personal touches to the genre, but not that often, and not all that "original".

It is like witnessing a band under construction (I know this is not their first album), a lot of potential, but still under construction.

I hope this guys realize, how close and far they are. Because I can assume, if they are not first eaten by markets and followers, that they have blended a lot of very good influences (from Sabbath, King Crimson, Roxy Music, Rush, Kinks, ELP with the likes of Judas Priest, Deff Leppard, Boston, UFO, T-Rex, Aerosmith and others). So, there is a lot to absorb to make it invisible, as to call their "own", but also very good songwritings and arrangements, when they do not become self-indulgent (track 4 for example, great song "made" too long).

A promising band that I hope trascends its very "interesting" and kind of "opposite" influences and their own market.

***3 PA stars.