Rush - All The World's A Stage CD (album) cover

ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE

Rush

Mellotron Storm
3 stars 3.5 stars. It's easy to feel the enthusiasm, joy and pride that the band exhibited to their faithful home town fans after returning from a successful U.S. tour. The "2112" record was a "make or break" album and it was wildly successful in the U.S. market and they returned home as heroes. And although Geddy's introductions of the songs they were about to play sound both annoying and corny, you can't help but feel his zestfulness, like a parent who introduces his children with pride. Also, being a hockey fan I found it interesting that the band thanks Steve Shutt in the liner notes who at this time was a high scoring winger for the Montreal Canadiens.

The two songs that really stand out for me are "2112" and "In the End". They both move me as much as the studio releases, and "In The End" even more so. But "2112" is the centerpiece and the reason the band had become so successeful and they pull it off live perfectly. What an incredible and emotional song !

For me this is very close to a 4 star record but the sound quality and Geddy's interuptions bring it down in my opinion. Well worth checking out though !

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |