The Beatles - Yellow Submarine CD (album) cover

YELLOW SUBMARINE

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

Frasse
3 stars I bought this record primary to hear the 7th track and onwards, which I guesse were soundtrack music from the movie. Indeed it is soundtrack music, 60s soundtrack music. Arranged and conducted by George Martin it make use of different themes from some of The Beatles songs to a varying effect. Some of it I quite like while particulary the last track " Yellow Submarine In Pepperland" sounds dangerously close to shopping mall Muzak.

The first half of the album consists of Beatles songs. No one that special and two of them isn't even originally from this album, notably the title track.

Frasse | 3/5 |