The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium CD (album) cover

The Mars Volta

2 stars To me, the prog of this album is heavily buried under layers of standard modern rock and screaming vocals. I can't really engage into this album, or this band in general. I won't deny that there is some progressive influence here, but once again, it isn't plain to see. I would personally classify this as a more punk side of prog. If you, like me, detest the punk rock/mild metal/modern rock scene, than I bid you steer clear of this album. If punk meets prog sounds like your thing, than go for it. But for me, 2 stars sounds resonable.
Shakespeare | 2/5 |