Easter Island - Mother Sun CD (album) cover

Easter Island

2 stars If you (as me) liked so much of EASTER ISLAND first album "Now and Them", I must say, this one is a complete deception ! Why ? Because none or few moments in "Mother Sun" are capable to remind the elements that make me give 5 stars to the first album (review #238863 ,| Saturday, September 12, 2009 ). One simple audition from the 2 albums and you understand that I say... How can you compare tracks as for example: Track 2 "Face To Face", Track 5 " Winds Of Time" or track 9 "The Alchemist's Suite: Resurrection" ( from Now and Then )with their marvelous instrumental arrangements, alternating rhythm and a mix of several progressive rock styles, in counterpoint with tracks such , Track 3 " Mother Sun" with 7:54 min of the same rhythm, track 1 " Waiting For The Moment " with some guitar distortions of doubtful taste and the most crucial sin in "Mother Sun"... all the tracks are very similar one each other a fact that generates a melancholic audition? For this reasons my rate is only 2 stars !!!
maryes | 2/5 |