Arti e Mestieri - Tilt - Immagini Per Un Orecchio CD (album) cover

Arti e Mestieri

4 stars A great album, to be sure. I just wish that someone would have given the drummer some downers before each recording session. And that's coming from someone who played LOUD drums in several rock bands before I took up electronic music. He's a wonderful, gifted drummer, but his "fill every nook and cranny with a loud sound" philosophy distracts the listener away from what the other musicians are doing, and from the music itself. Furio obviously doesn't know the meaning of the words "nuance, subtlety and delicacy". And the other musicians DO, which is what makes it an issue. I bought the LP when it came out, and boy, what a crappy press!! I went through two or three copies, and they were all scratchy, though obviously new. So, although I don't have a remastered copy of the CD, I'm "contented".
soundsweird | 4/5 |