Nova - Vimana CD (album) cover

3 stars The saxophone in some parts makes a "romantic" mood in this album, but the progressive music is present. We can find calm music, with long melodies, but we can find great jazz/fusion parts too. The bass, with all effects, has a great presence. Drums arranjements, with great "nuances" and "cracked" tempos, are notable. I liked all the tracks. I think this is a very different album, maybe not comparable with another one. The quantity of different instruments is some special in this album... Improvisation on piano with strings touch, per exemple, are beatiful in track 3 "Poesia". Some oriental inflence is notable too. My note is "3 star" due to the great mix of musical influences!
sam_loyd | 3/5 |