Yes - The Ladder  CD (album) cover

3 stars If "Ladder" would been released by another group, I would rated 4 star for this album. But... and I can not give more stars, because "Close to the Edge", "Relayer" and "Fragile" are in my remembrance and "The Ladder" is so far from those albuns.

In my opinion, many people has been unjust with "The Ladder"... We can find good music in there! "Nine voices", "Homeworld", "Lightning Strikes", "New Language" and "Face to Face", per exemple. Not a masterpiece (of course!), but it's ok.

Igor Khoroshev, for me, is a tremendous keyboardist! He made incredible things on this album. Of course, Wakeman is the best and will stay forever on Yes "dream-team", but Khoroshev has conquered his place, such as Patrick Moraz, on Yes great history. This album is a must-have for Yes fans, but not essencial for others. I am a fan, so... this one have place on my collection!

sam_loyd | 3/5 |