Pendragon - The Masquerade Overture CD (album) cover

THE MASQUERADE OVERTURE

Pendragon

Eclipse
2 stars This album is inconsistent, unoriginal and empty. It was my first try on PENDRAGON and i never want to listen to them again. It is not even emotional, the "beautiful" songs here manage to become cheesy and don't show many remarkable melodies. It is sad that a band feels like making music this directionless and be praised so much.

I give credit to songs like "Paintbox" and some parts of "Guardian of my Soul". But i see no reason of adding that title overture track - is Neo Prog ripping off power metal album's structures here too?

Eclipse | 2/5 |