Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire CD (album) cover

Mahavishnu Orchestra

2 stars I really don't get what's so special with this album, for me the music is cold and purely technical, and that's just a no-no in my book. My ears can appreciate intriguing technicality but it should be accompanied by some feelings, and not just getting all wild for the sake of showing "the skill". Songwriting is not only virtuosity. Even harder than playing a guitar that fast is to manage to pass some actual soul to the listener, this is the really challenge and goal in music in my opinion, that's the reason i can't enjoy, even though i respect, this album. Maybe someday i'll change my mind, but for now this one didn't grow on me and leaves sleepy by the half of it.
Eclipse | 2/5 |