Chad Wackerman - The View CD (album) cover

Chad Wackerman

3 stars I make no bones about it as I'll have to be honest here. This is one of the better offerings in Fusion, yet another one that gives Fusion a bad name.

In other words, skilfully delivered, boring material bordering on irritating. It's hard to tell if it's a WACKERMAN, or HOLDSWORTH album, but it's fair to say that both of these excellent musicians delivered much better lines in the employ of others. ZAPPA, PONTY, SOFT MACHINE, NUCLEUS springs to mind On their own, both appear to be directionless, sort of lost.

Add HOLDSWORTH's bassist JIMMY JOHNSON who excels in playing his predictable "ta-ta- bup-bup" lines until you bleed from the ears. Alternately, his meandering approach is something that relegated some HOLDSWORT albums rather lame an uneventful.

The additional musicians provide a little more interest, but not enough to lift the game beyond mediocre overall.

I had this CD since the year of it's release, but today is the day that I've decided to let it go for good, as musically it (still) represents of little enjoyment. One of those things that just refuse to grow, or mature with time.

Anon-E-Mouse | 3/5 |