Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells II CD (album) cover

TUBULAR BELLS II

Mike Oldfield

akamarko
4 stars I got into Mr. Oldfield's original rather late in life. It was the late 80's and I stumbled upon TB for the first time and was delighted to say the least. Here was some of the most interesting though somewhat unpolished music that I had heard in a long time. Too bad the cassette I purchased sounded quite muddy. Add to that the several flubs and poor tuning of instruments; I longed for something to keep me intersted over the long run.

Along came TB II and I snatched it up right away. Finally, a recording of a masterpiece that I could listen to without feeling the need to plug my ears every once in a while. Unfortunately, this CD felt more like a clone rather than a continuation of the the TB saga. This one became the fav of other family members but I kept sneaking back to the original to re-claim that spark. And yes, put up with all the original's glitches. If only Mike Oldfield would go back and re-record the original with newer technology...

3.5 out of 5