Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Stati Di Immaginazione CD (album) cover

STATI DI IMMAGINAZIONE

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

admireArt
4 stars Ambiguous reviews, extraordinary album!

I myself, thought that after the "Chocolate Kings" & "Jetlag" decadent albums, Prermiata was more than dead. Their posterior works prove me right, until I read the last PA review on this 2006, "Stati Di Immaginazione" effort. I usually do not give 5 stars, unless, the work itself, breaks ground in the whole "planet" of Prog, not only in that artist or group's discography. But I do rate those works which are close of doing so, with my fractionized "stars".

Anyway, if you thought that PFM was "more than dead", this work, I can bet, will prove you wrong. They again, after a zillion years, remembered that nothing compares to excellent songwriting, and that its absence, no matter how well you hide it, if it is not there, nothing will move you away from mediocrity.

The best I have heard in a long time, it is Symphonic, it Rocks, it "Jazzes" ( a very nice tribute to Django Reinhardt's spirit, along the way), and it flows with "imagination", clean thought, non-stop inspiration in both composition and masterful unpretentious performances. Add up to that, this one is flawless, as far as the song by song repertoire goes, something that never (IMO), had happened, in PFM's glorious days. That is what I call EXPERIENCE, nothing makes you stronger than failures, and this guys are here again for good.

Easy 4.5 PA stars! Flawless, non stop inspiration!

admireArt | 4/5 |