Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Storia Di Un Minuto CD (album) cover

STORIA DI UN MINUTO

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Guillermo
4 stars This is a very good debut album by the best Italian Progressive Rock band that I have listened to until now.

I think that this band was very influenced then by King Crimson`s early albums (particularly by "In the Court of the Crimson King", "In the Wake of Poseidon" and "Lizard"). But this band was clearly very Italian in style, with influences from Italian Classical Music composers, and I also think that most of the musicians in PFM were Classically trained musicians, so the music is very good, and the musicians too, particularly in the cases of guitarist Franco Mussida, multi-instrumentist Mauro Pagani and keyboard player Flavio Premoli. Drummer Franz Di Cioccio`s style is very influenced by Michael Giles and Andy McCulloch, both former drummers of King Crimson.

"Introduzione"and "Impressioni di Settembre" are nostalgical musical pieces with good musical atmospheres and with a vey good use of the mellotron.

"E' Festa" is clearly a very "Happy Italian Song" with very good use of the synthesizer playing melodies.

Both parts of "Dove... Quando..." are beautiful, also "very Italian" in style.

"La Carrozza di Hans" and "Grazie Davvero" are good songs, but less interesting for my taste.

Maybe if I could understand the Italian language I could enjoy this album more. But musically this album is very good, and the singers are also competent.

PFM is a fine band.