Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

Steve Hackett

2 stars I had this album for years. First listen, I was very disappointed; music didn't flow, there were too many bizarre passages and changes of direction. I enjoy early Genesis greatly and Steve Hackett's guitar has always been a key factor. Perhaps, it was wrong to expect similar music in his first solo album. So, I listened to this album numerous times since the first spin. I still cannot enjoy it; right when a piece starts to grab me, it takes a weird turn and throws me off. Experimentation is fine and Steve is clearly a very talented guitarist but this album doesn't deliver for me. Unfortunately, there is not even a single piece I would long for if I didn't hear it for a while.
Sanki | 2/5 |