Audience - The House on the Hill CD (album) cover

THE HOUSE ON THE HILL

Audience

kingdhansak
4 stars Yet another great LP from Audience. Not my personal favourite (I prefer the previous 2 myself) but still great all the same. Indeed I have met one or two people who have claimed this to be the greatest LP of all time, so what do I know??!!

Same line up, roughly the same sound. Howard Werth shows off some impressive guitar skills on this album - check out Raviole for that. Sound has lightened a little since their heavy 2nd LP. Tracks a little more commercial and accessible. Many would argue that they are stronger. The improvised sax solos still evident on the first and last tracks. Lots of emotion in the lyrics and vocals as well. Well worth checking out, possibly the best Audience album to start your collection with.

kingdhansak | 4/5 |