Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4 stars This album is a great addition for Metropolis part I, and the rest can be founded on any other DT album. Some songs didn't aged very well, and for an album of that calibre, this is bad news. Some songs could create a large case of laughter among friends....saxophone anyone?

The album is marked deeply with the big metal attitude that reflected so well a generation of headbangers. Big hair, big drums (sounds like Kiss for crying out loud), big dramatic vocals, black clothes for everybody, clean shave and lots of curls.

Metropolis part I is without the shadow of a doubt, a superb exercise of how DT is a professional band. They hit the spot all the way with grace, dexterity and the expertise Rush showed for so many years. And that's a compliment I'd like my band could deserve.

An absolute classic for many, to me the debut of an era.

Menswear | 4/5 |