Green Carnation - The Acoustic Verses CD (album) cover

Green Carnation

Experimental/Post Metal

4 stars After listening to Light of Day, Day of Darkness and other of Green Carnation's albums, I have to say that The Acoustic Verses is vastly different, but in a very good way. It is by no means a metal album, but still an excellent album nonetheless. The acoustic guitar is fantastic throughout. What makes The Acoustic Verses so good to me is the mood of the album. It is a very soft and even quiet album at points. I find it to be very peaceful and relaxing, particularly songs like "Sweet Leaf", "The Burden is Mine..... Alone" and "9-29-045". It is one of the more comforting albums in my collection.

I'd recommend this album to anybody who enjoys soft and peaceful music. The Acoustic Verses is definitely one of the top releases of 2006!

darkmatter | 4/5 |