Kenso - Yume No Oka  (Dream Hill) CD (album) cover

YUME NO OKA (DREAM HILL)

Kenso

Mellotron Storm
3 stars Good fusion record from 1991. I was reminded of VISUAL CLIFF when listening to this although the emphesis here are on the dual keyboards. The drumming is very well done as well especially on "Mediterranean And Aryan" where we also get some percussion. The drumming creates a nice rhythm on "The Fourth Reich". There is some Portuguese guitar used to great effect on "Today I Left Oia". I can't say i'm a huge fan of the keyboard flurries on the opener "Les Phases De La Lune I". The song becomes uptempo after 30 seconds.

"From The Mystic Woods" features some experimental noises while "Oia" opens with voices and is very atmospheric. We finally get some good guitar on "Alfama" 4 minutes in, followed by some spacey synths. More guitar in the final song as well as some good piano melodies. My favourite tune is "Fuan Na Kioka" but overall as much as I can appreciate the music, it's not my favourite brand of Fusion. A lot of keyboard led songs. Well done though.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |