King Crimson - Red CD (album) cover

RED

King Crimson

Kevman28
5 stars I have to admit (but without trying to sound ashamed about it) that my 'progression through music' did not result in my love of Prog until about 5-6 years ago. I am 36 now, so I missed living through the glory years, but benefit from being able to discover a pre-written library of greatness that is going through an exciting revival. I discovered Prog after around 16 years of being into various genres of metal (Goth/Industrial at the fore) and feeling like I needed something 'extra' in my music. Prog delivers that.

King Crimson's 'Red' was my introduction to Prog and this great band. I can honestly say that I love all era's of KC equally, and can't wait for the new album.

Red is quite simply an absolute gem. The title track is probably the heaviest thing I have ever heard with it's intensity (Please don't quote me on the likes of SYL / Morbid Angel etc - I am talking about an album from the 70's and a sound that echoes through bands like Al Jourgenson's 'Ministry' years later!), and those drums....... 'Awesome' does not even begin to describe - although 'Bruford' is a good starting point. The whole album is riddled with greatness and enviable quality.

This is a true 5* offering