Dream Theater - Live At The Marquee CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4 stars A very early live album from Dream Theater, featuring songs from their two first albums, "When Dream & Day Unite" from 1989 and the masterpiece "Images & Words" released in 1992. This album aslo includes a very good jam named "Bombay Vindaloo" which is mostly improvised. The sound quality is very good throughout, getting most of the details in the music very well. The performance is excellent, James LaBrie's voice is better here than on the studio albums, In my opinion, and he sings the WD&DU songs very good! This album also features "Surrounded" from the "I&W" album which Dream Theater only performed at that time (1993) and rarely after.

Overall, this is a great live album and it would have gotten 5 stars from me if the album had been longer (it's sadly only 46-min long), so I'll give it a stron 4.5/5 instead. Highly recommended!

Bj-1 | 4/5 |