Atheist - Piece of Time CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

4 stars Death Metal meets Jazz Fusion. That's the easiest way to describe this band. Atheist is one of those early 90's extreme metal bands from the U.S, that have taste for jazz fusion complexities. Mixed with Death metal, It's everything but easy-listened. Many great moments here, notably the Opening Title Track, "On They Slay" & "I Deny". It's full of chainsaw-riffs, Double Bass, Incredible fretless(?) bass work & death metal growls, and there are very few, if any, calm moments to rest your ears. I highly recommend this album/band to people with an open mind, and/or a taste for death metal or jazz fusion. 4/5 from me, an impressive album!
Abstrakt | 4/5 |