Rush - A Show Of Hands CD (album) cover

A SHOW OF HANDS

Rush

Mellotron Storm
3 stars "A Show Of Hands' seems a little too plastic to me as we get a lot of synths and not enough bottom end. And Geddy's vocals seem higher than usual. I guess i'm just not a big fan of this period of RUSH.

Good choice for the first song though as "The Big Money" gets the record off to a great start. Nice guitar solo from Alex after 3 minutes as Neil's drums rumble along. Great ending to the song as well. Some other highlights for me are,"Subdivisions" which takes me back to the early eighties for a brief moment as the synths signal the start of the song. "Witch Hunt (Part III of Fear)" is more like it as far as i'm concerned with a good solo from Alex towards the end of the song."Time Stand Still" takes a while to get going, but it does turn out to be a highlight. "Red Sector A" is so well done, great tune ! "Closer To The Heart" a fan favourite, features a beautiful instrumental interlude with some incredible bass and lead guitar. Nice version.

Overall a good live record, but RUSH has made better ones in my opinion.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |