Chris - Days Of Summer Gone CD (album) cover

DAYS OF SUMMER GONE

Chris

Ensouled
3 stars I came by "Days of Summer Gone" by accident and the cover got my attention. I totally agree that Chris has a very theatrical style and he does sound a bit like a Dutch Phideaux version (instrumentally), I might add that the trippy jazz sections reminds me a lot of The Tangent too and the guitars and some vocal parts somehow fall into Radiohead landscapes. The string instruments and flute might appeal to give you an After Crying feeling but the piano really goes into another direction creating a more proggy approach than classical.

It is a beautiful album and aside from the comparisons I have made with other bands Chris has managed to put together some really good ideas and melodies; I enjoyed a lot his decision of including a Cellist and other musicians as they give the album more freshness.

As for the theatrical style I must admit that the "dramatic" climax of the album contains an interesting blend of nuances.

For some reason the vocals can not match the quality of the music; I think that the addition of a singer in the future that could blend better with this orchestral variety will definitely make Chris music reach a even superior level.

The essentiality of this album depends on how appealing the vocals feels to you, I definitely recommend listening to the album since it contains great moments that make it worth all the while.

Recommended!